Our pork meat is from cottage growers who provide humanely and holistically raised animals, both certfied organic and true free range. The animals are processed at Boss Meats farm which operates a small 100% solar-run facility. Our processed meats such as salamis, hams, bacon etc are all artisan made by hand. The bacon and hams are all pickled for 12 days in a mix of Pacific Sea salt and naturally-mined pink rock salt brine. They are then wood smoked in local iron bark, saw dust and birch . This forms the natural preservative and no other artificial inputs are added.
These are the standards:
* Certified Organic or True Free Range
* All animals are grass fed and pastured free to roam over large areas
* No mass farming methods, Non intensively raised
* No GMO
* No grains or pump up products
* No antibiotics, hormones, steroids or growth promotants
* No fertilizers, pesticides or chemical residues on pastures
* Mince and sausages are gluten free and the paleo sausages contain no fillers
* Non-paleo sausages contain organic GF rice or coconut flour and herbs
* Mince and sausages are suitable for Paleo & GAPS diet
* No preservatives or artificial ingredients are used in our salamis, hams, and deli products
* No amonium nitrate or non-naturally occurring nitrates in the bacon, hams or deli products
Most products are cryovac vacum packed ready for your fridge or freezer. The weights are approximate only and will be adjusted if required at the time of packing.
Boss Meats grows mainly English Heritage breed and to keep up with demand other local growers also supply both certified organic and true ethical and holistically farmed pigs to meet the demand for quality organic pig products. Add this to Boss Meats artisan skills of making small goods and you have a the most authentic, cleanest and falvourful meats selection available.